About the Company:
The firm is one of the most distinguished practices and possesses over 50 years of experience within the industry. In this time, they have accumulated a sizable level of knowledge, which encompasses a large array of clients in many sectors.
They have endorsed a culture of developing staff, and this involves significant investment in the people within. Included within this is the support of constant internal and external training, the potential of new opportunities, and development plans being in place. This focus on staff development is clearly exhibited through the immense number of internal promotions and the large range of support available.
The firm also takes its social responsibility extremely seriously, working with numerous charities and on several local community projects. This includes funding sporting clubs, working with those suffering from mental health issues, assisting in the development of life skills in young people and financing in education for those in some of the world’s poorest nations.
About the Role:
They firm are looking for a decisive and capable individual to enter the swiftly expanding team as a Senior Accountant. The selected individual must be open-minded, independent and be self-assured. They will be able to form strong relationships with clients as well as management and capable of meeting strict deadlines. The client base will be very diverse, and you will thus have the opportunity to acquire a wide array of skills and advance quickly within the firm.
There are numerous advantages to joining this highly prestigious firm. Among these benefits are the consistent CPD courses offered which cover audit, accounts, tax, and other specialist courses. Your health will also be carefully taken care of through the firm’s healthcare scheme. Additionally, there is a performance bonus scheme in place which ensures staff are appropriately rewarded for their extensive efforts throughout the year. Moreover, you will be able to take part in charitable activities within the community and help give back to allow the local area to flourish.
- Complete planning sections based on office guidelines
- Can prepare and monitor budgets
- Preparation of accounts from incomplete records/client trial balances
- Work directly with clients & help settle queries
- Review with supervisor & complete file
- Planning, controls & risk assessment, setting materiality and sample sizes
- Fieldwork testing which includes stock take attendance & other site verifications
- Analytical reviews & completion of audit files
- Prepare personal tax/VAT/corporation tax computations & returns
- Prepare P11ds
- Take part in advisory work
- Correspond with clients
- Review work of juniors, resolve queries and ensure the file is reviewed before passed to the manager
- Ensure effective training of all juniors
- Awareness of other services which may be appropriate for clients
- ACCA/ACA fully qualified is desired
- An accounting/finance degree is preferred
- Minimum of 18 months post membership experience
- Up-to-date CPE and good understanding of current accounting standards
- Experience of OMB's covering a variety of industries
- Understanding of computer software (Excel, Word, Outlook, Sage Line 50, IIRIS, CCH, VT Transactions, Xero, Virtual cabinet, Quickbooks)
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and detail oriented
- Able to meet strict deadlines and work under pressure
- Can manage different tasks concurrently
- Is client focused and very commercially aware
- Some supervisory experience is needed
- Preferred specialities are Medical sector, Food & hospitality sector, Retail, Manufacturing, Media & Entertainment, Professionals (Surveyors, IT contractors, etc), EC Sales VAT reporting and Paperless office systems