Senior Tax Manager
About the Company:
The client is one of the most respected practices and possesses over 50 years of experience within the industry. In this time, they have accumulated a significant level of knowledge, which covers a considerable array of clients in numerous sectors.
They have promoted a culture of development, and this includes major investment in the people within. Contained within this is the support of constant internal and external training, the offer of new opportunities, and development plans being in place. This focus on staff development is clearly shown through the extensive number of internal promotions and the wide range of support available.
The firm also cares greatly about its social responsibility, working with several charities and on many local community projects. This includes sponsoring sporting teams, working with those suffering from mental health issues, helping build life skills in young people and investing in education for those in some of the world’s poorest nations.
About the Role:
They are looking for a driven and capable individual to enter the quickly expanding team as an International Tax Consultant. The chosen individual must be able to think freely, be independent and be confident. They will be able to create lasting relationships with clients as well as management and should be able to meet very strict deadlines. The client base will be highly diverse, and you will have the ability to develop a portfolio of clients with potential manager/partner opportunity.
There are numerous benefits to joining this highly prestigious firm. Among these benefits are the regular CPD courses available which cover audit, accounts, tax, and other specialist courses. Your health will also be taken care of through the firm’s healthcare scheme. Additionally, there is a performance bonus scheme, to ensure that staff are rewarded for their substantial efforts throughout the year. Moreover, you will be able to partake in charitable work within the community to help give back and help the local area thrive.
- Review and complete accounts (sole traders, partnerships, LLP, company accounts, income tax, corporation tax computations, VAT Returns & EC Sales List)
- Serve as the primary contact for a portfolio of clients
- Provide advice to the firm’s UK & International clients
- Guide international clients on UK residence & domicile matters
- Give advice on pre-arrival tax planning opportunities, remittance of funds & distinction of clean capital including preparation of tax memorandums
- Inform clients on property taxes & offer property structuring advice
- Offer inheritance/capital gains tax advice with an international focus
- Understand offshore trusts/companies & related tax implications
- Advise individuals coming to work in the UK, overseas workday relief, & related matters
- Deal with cross border VAT/import & export queries
- Work with the practice manager on progress for all jobs & potential cross selling opportunities
- Ensure assignments are done to a high standard before passing them on for review
- Control budgets, meet timetables and prepare key documents
- Good technical skills in tax & accounts
- Ability to work well in a team and independently
- Able to travel abroad for GGI conferences, to meet with international clients and partake in seminars/trade missions
- Manage your self-development & CPD
- Attend professional courses when required by the firm
- Possess a genuine interest in understanding the clients’ needs and a drive to deliver exceptional service
- Ensure IRIS/CCH Practice Management is kept up to date
- Understanding of key software (IRIS, CCH, Sage, Virtual Cabinet, VT Transaction, QuickBooks & Xero)