About the Company:
The firm is one of the most respected practices and holds over 50 years of experience within the industry. In this time, they have amassed a substantial level of knowledge, which covers a large array of clients in various sectors.
They have supported a culture of developing staff, and this includes major investment in the people within. Included within this is the support of continuous internal and external training, the offer of new opportunities, and progress plans being in place. This focus on staff development is clearly demonstrated through the vast number of internal promotions and the broad range of support available.
The firm also takes its social responsibility very seriously, working with several charities and on many local community projects. This includes sponsoring sporting clubs, working with those experiencing mental health issues, helping develop life skills in young people and investing in education for those in some of the world’s poorest countries.
About the Role:
They are looking for a determined and talented individual to enter the quickly expanding team as a Semi Senior Accountant. The selected individual must be able to think freely, be independent and be assured. They will be able to build long-lasting relationships with clients as well as management and should be able to meet strict deadlines. The client base will be very diverse, and you will have the ability to develop a wide array of skills and progress rapidly within the firm.
There are many benefits to joining this highly prestigious firm. Among these benefits are the regular CPD courses offered which cover audit, accounts, tax, and other specialist courses. Your health will also be comprehensively taken care of through the firm’s healthcare scheme. Furthermore, there is a performance bonus scheme, to ensure that staff are properly rewarded for their considerable efforts throughout the year. Moreover, you will be able to take part in charitable work within the community and help give back to allow the local area to thrive.
- Review and complete accounts
- Prepare planning sections of work programme in accordance with the office guidelines
- Able to both prepare and monitor budgets
- Communicate with clients for information gathering
- Settle any queries with senior members of staff
- Prepare completion section work programme including disclosure checklists
- Review work with seniors and complete files
- Write up cash/sales day and purchase day books for limited companies, LLPs, sole traders, & partnerships
- Prepare accounts from incomplete records/client trial balances
- Fieldwork testing of bank, sales, purchases, including stock take attendance & other site verifications
- Prepare personal tax/VAT/corporation tax computations & returns
- Prepare P11ds
- Partake in advisory work (business plans, profit, and cash flow forecasts)
- Review work done by junior members of staff, resolve queries and ensure file is complete before passing to the manager
- Attend in house/external professional training courses
- Awareness of other services/products provided by the firm which may be appropriate to clients
- Accounting & finance/relevant degree is preferred but not vital
- ACCA/ACA qualified ideal but not compulsory
- Minimum of 18 months post membership experience
- Up-to-date CPE and knowledge of recent accounting developments
- Experience of OMB's which cover a range of industries
- Understanding of computer software (Excel, Word, Outlook, Sage Line 50, Iris, CCH Pro audit, VT)
- Superb verbal/written communication skills
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and detailed oriented
- Able take initiative
- A fully committed team player
- Can work to strict deadlines and under pressure
- Ability to manage different tasks simultaneously
- Client focused and commercially aware
- Positive outlook and committed to both clients and staff